Wednesday 17 August 2016

Wish List Wednesday - The Cambridge Satchel Company's New Poppy Bag

The newest item to be added to Wish List Wednesday is the new Poppy Bag from The Cambridge Satchel Company. Have you seen it? As I'm sure you all know I am a massive Cambridge Satchel fan, I was gifted the Classic Satchel in oxblood by my sister for my 30th and received the medium Push Lock in red when I left my previous job - yes I know I'm a lucky bunny!

Cambridge Satchels are great quality and made from 100% leather in the UK. They are all hand made in their factory in the Midlands. It was all started by Julie Deane, starting with a £600 budget brain storming in her kitchen with her mother. They started with an order of 6 classic vintage style brown satchels. The first of their famous bright satchels was created with off-cuts from a run of belts at the manufacturers and the post-box red bag was picked up by stylists for Italian Vouge. Before they knew it they were in with Bloggers and the Fashion Pack and production moved up from 3 bags a week to nearly nearly 100.

These days, after opening their own factory, they are producing over 3,000 bags a week, including a mens range and collaborations with derringers like Vivian Westwood. They have expanded past the satchel into other classic handbag styles, always keeping it simple and stylish. 

The Poppy Collection is the newest release from The Cambridge Satchel Company and has 3 designs including the Poppy Bag, the Mini Poppy and the Poppy Backpack in a variety of colours, brights and autumnal for the next season. The have based the bags on a traditional Doctor's Bag and added their signature push lock closure for a clean, modern finish. This makes it much roomier than previous Cambridge bags and practical to open and close. 

I'm a massive fan of the full size Poppy Bag in black, it's a great size for day to day but looks classier than my current standard canvas bag. Pop(py) over to their website to see the whole range and let me know which is your favourite xx 

1 comment: